• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Q&A Care Management Services

jberg

I am wondering if any facilities are using the 99490, care management services. We are trying to implement it in our clinic. I read somewhere where if the patient is in a skilled nursing facility, they do not qualify for this. Our clinic is thinking that is where we will get the most patients signed up for this because of the faxes that are addressed for nursing home patients. Any comments on this would be greatly appreciated or if there are websites with good information I could use.

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
JoAnne Sheehan covered this topic during the February 2015 Q&A Webinar stating the CMS final rule that physicians cannot bill CCM services for patients in a facility setting. JoAnne listed the criteria for CCM. If you missed it, the video recording, transcript, and answer sheets are available in the CCO Club for $19.95 per month! When you purchase the CCO Club you will have a chance to earn a CEU for the webinar by passing a 10 question quiz. Not only that, but you can access all the available resources for past webinars, too!